At Now Kitchens Limited we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of anyone using www.now-kitchens.co.uk (our site). ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person, firm, company, or organisation browsing or using our site, whether as a guest or a registered user.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personally identifiable information (personal data) we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Now Kitchens Ltd of 1a Water Ma Trout, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 0LW.
What personal data do we collect?
As we care so much about providing a high service level to our clients, we mainly collect information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. This data is invaluable for internal record keeping and is not used for unsolicited marketing.
When you use the ‘contact us’ form on our website, or call us to request further information or to book a design appointment at our showrooms, the most data we will ask you for is:
Your telephone number/s.
Your email address.
In addition when you undergo a design consultation we may also collect:
Your postal address.
We may also collect and process the following personal data about you:
Bank details, while supplying our goods to you.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, for the purposes of market analysis.
How personal is data collected and why do we need it?
We collect personal data on our website or in person via the following forms:
Customer Enquiry form
We need your name and email address so that we can process your enquiry. The showroom will contact you via email answering your request, however occasionally we may also advise you of any news we think you would be interested in at that time. At this time, we do not use your information for marketing activity such as direct mail/eNewsletters.
Customer Design form
To collect data about your requests to process and provide a personal Kitchen quote.
Required to process invoices for contracted sales. These also form evidence of purchase for your warranty with us and the manufacturer(s) e.g. NEFF, Masterclass, Hardware providers.
Please note that as our fitters are self-employed and therefore contracted to our customers in person, any personal data requested by them is managed solely by them and is not the responsibility of Now Kitchens Ltd.
Where is my personal data stored?
All information you provide to us digitally is stored on our secure server. Any paper forms or printed invoices/payment receipts are stored securely.
Our website is powered by Word Press. If you have completed a form on our website, your personal data will be stored and processed via the back end of the website, which is hosted on a secure server in the UK.
Who will we share personal data with?
We may disclose your personal data, including any sensitive personal data where necessary, to any member of our team of employees for the purposes of managing your design and installation process.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Installation experts, once you have committed to a Kitchen installation with Now Kitchens Ltd.
- Equipment/Hardware suppliers if a warranty issue arises.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and customers will be one of the transferred assets for warranty and ongoing customer support.
How do we protect your personal data?
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- On our website, the secure server software SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us. The information is only de-encrypted when it reaches our server.
- We also have security software (Avast) in place to protect our internal information from the Internet.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are your data protection rights?
The Data Protection Act and GDPR give you certain rights in relation to your information held about you by us:
– to access your information and to receive information about its use
– to have your information corrected and/or completed
– to have your information deleted
– to restrict the use of your information
– to receive your information in a portable format
– to object to the use of your information
– to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
– to complain to a supervisory authority
We also will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Please contact us using the details at the base of this page if you wish to confirm, change, or delete any personal information we hold relating to you. You also have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. There is no charge for this service, and we aim to respond to your request within one month of your request.
What about other websites?
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How do I contact you to view, change or remove my data?
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Now Kitchens Ltd of 1a Water Ma Trout, Helston, Cornwall TR13 0LW
By phone: 01326 565522
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Email newsletters related cookies.
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time, we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us via email: email@example.com